Our Faith & Structure
This Church is a part of the United Reformed Church
in the United Kingdom (Medway District, Southern Province
. We are now part of the West Kent and East Sussex Area of Southern Synod of the URC.)
The United Reformed Church holds to the 'reformed' Protestant tradition of the Christian Faith
- We believe in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We find the supreme authority for our faith by the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the Word of God in the Bible
- We look to be renewed and reformed in our mission of witness and service in the name of Jesus Christ
- We practise the Baptism both of Infants and Adults on profession of Faith
- We celebrate the Lord's Supper
- We recognise the Ministry of all God's people, male or female, ordained or lay.
The United Reformed Church was formed by the Union of four much older Christian denominations
- The Congregational Church in England and Wales
- The Presbyterian Church of England
- The Re-formed Association of Churches of Christ
- The Congregational Church of Scotland
Each local United Reformed Church arranges its affairs through the regular meetings of its members
- With elected Elders
- With the guidance of its Minister or Lay Pastor
- With the assistance of the District Council, Provincial Synod and Provincial Moderator
- is part of the Tunbridge Wells group of URCs together with Hawkenbury URC (Forest Rd.) and Rusthall URC (Rusthall High St.)
- is a member Church of the local ecumenical organisation Churches for Tunbridge Wells, and affiliated to Churches Together in Kent!
- shares in worship and activity with the Vale Royal Methodist congregation since the closure of their building in 2014. We are working together to form one united URC-Methodist Church on the present site.